Varicose veins are a common problem that affects many people. While surgery used to be the only option for treating varicose veins, there are now many non-surgical treatment options available.
In this article, we will explore some of the non-surgical treatment options for varicose veins, as explained by Dr. Shoaib Padaria, one of India’s leading Vein Specialists and the Pioneer of Laser treatment in India.
- Compression stockings: Compression stockings are a type of tight-fitting socks that help improve circulation in the legs. They work by applying pressure to the legs, which helps to reduce swelling and prevent blood from pooling in the veins. Compression stockings are often the first line of treatment for varicose veins, and they can be purchased over-the-counter or prescribed by a doctor.
- Sclerotherapy: Sclerotherapy is a minimally invasive procedure that involves injecting a solution directly into the affected veins. The solution irritates the lining of the veins, causing them to collapse and stick together. Over time, the veins turn into scar tissue and fade from view. Sclerotherapy is often used to treat small varicose veins and spider veins.
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA): RFA is a minimally invasive procedure that uses radiofrequency energy to heat and close off the affected veins. The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia, and patients can usually return to normal activities within a day or two.
- Endovenous laser treatment (EVLT): EVLT is a minimally invasive procedure that uses laser energy to heat and close off the affected veins. The procedure is performed under local anaesthesia, and patients can usually return to normal activities within a day or two. Currently, it is the most effective treatment available for significant varicose veins.
- Lifestyle changes: Making lifestyle changes can also help improve symptoms of varicose veins. Some lifestyle changes that can be helpful include exercising regularly, maintaining a healthy weight, avoiding standing or sitting for long periods of time, and elevating your legs whenever possible.
In conclusion, there are many non-surgical treatment options available for varicose veins. Compression stockings, sclerotherapy, RFA, EVLT, and lifestyle changes can all be effective in improving symptoms and preventing complications.
If you’re experiencing symptoms of varicose veins, it’s important to talk to a Vein Specialist like Dr. Shoaib Padaria to determine the best treatment plan for you. With the right treatment, you can improve your symptoms and prevent complications.
At Doctor House Vein Centre, we offer a range of specialized procedures for the treatment of varicose veins, including laser therapy, under the guidance of Dr Shoaib Padaria. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing personalized care and treatment options for all of our patients.
To schedule an appointment with Dr Shoaib Padaria, please contact us at 022 23525001 / 022 23526001 / 022 23515002. Kindly call between 10 am to 5 pm on weekdays. Or send us an email at email@example.com